What is Inclusive Design?
• Inclusive design produces an inclusive environment. It is as simple as that.
• It provides for the needs and desires of everyone.
• It treats only the smallest possible number of people differently.
• It means working towards a single solution by accommodating fully those whose needs cannot be met in the same way.
• It involves physical, visual, auditory and intellectual accessibility.
• It is not an abstract concept but is the result of applying a tangible set of principles.
The best inclusive design is the one that is most satisfactory in meeting the principles of inclusive design and this is known as ‘universal design’. The most inclusive design is universal design.